- The average sea tempeature is 21 °C (69.8 °F).
- The mean temperature in Istanbul is warm at 20 °C (68 °F).
- Afternoons can be fairly hot with average high temperatures reaching 24 °C (75.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally very mild with an average low of 16 °C (60.8 °F).
- In September the mean daily temperature variation/ range is 8 °C (14.4 °F).
- The weather in September is somewhat parched with periodic rain. A paltry 25mm (1in) of liquid tumbles during on average 6 days.
- The skies in Istanbul are slightly sunny having an average of a pleasing 7:56 of brilliant solar radiation per day.
- The shortest day is 11:45 long and the longest day is 13:05 long with an average length of 12:25.
- There are approximately 4:19 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 64.8% of daylight hours and cloudy 35.2% of daylight hours.
Weather Trend Graph for September in Istanbul, Turkey
Istanbul Weather in September Discussion
Navigate to September Weather in Locations Surrounding Istanbul:
- Varna, Bulgaria - 265.4 kms (164.9 miles) NNW
- Burgas, Bulgaria - 216.1 kms (134.3 miles) NW
- Edirne, Turkey - 224.1 kms (139.3 miles) WNW
- Alexandroupolis, Greece - 266.4 kms (165.6 miles) W
- Bursa, Turkey - 87.1 kms (54.1 miles) S
- Canakkale, Turkey - 244.9 kms (152.2 miles) WSW
- Limnos, Greece - 346.1 kms (215 miles) WSW
- Balikesir, Turkey - 179.8 kms (111.7 miles) SW
- Mytilini, Lesbos, Greece - 299.3 kms (186 miles) SW
- Mitilini, Greece - 298.9 kms (185.7 miles) SW
- Izmir, Turkey - 325.9 kms (202.5 miles) SSW