| < May >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Average Sea or Water Temp
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average sea tempeature is 14 °C (57.2 °F).
- The average temperature in Istanbul in May is very mild at 16.5 °C (61.7 °F).
- Afternoons can be warm with average high temperatures reaching 21 °C (69.8 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally quite mild with an average low of 12 °C (53.6 °F).
- The average daily temperature variation/ range in May is 9 °C (16.2 °F).
- The weather in May is somewhat dry with periodic rain. Just 78mm (3.1in) of liquid precipitates across on average 6 days.
- In May the blue above Istanbul is quite sunny having on balance a respectable 8:36 of radiant solar radiation per day.
- The shortest day is 13:56 long and the longest day is 14:53 long with an average length of 14:27.
- There are approximately 5:40 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 60.3% of daylight hours and cloudy 39.7% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Istanbul May averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for May in Istanbul, Turkey
Navigate to May Weather in Locations Surrounding Istanbul:
- Varna, Bulgaria - 265.4 kms (164.9 miles) NNW
- Burgas, Bulgaria - 216.1 kms (134.3 miles) NW
- Edirne, Turkey - 224.1 kms (139.3 miles) WNW
- Alexandroupolis, Greece - 266.4 kms (165.6 miles) W
- Bursa, Turkey - 87.1 kms (54.1 miles) S
- Canakkale, Turkey - 244.9 kms (152.2 miles) WSW
- Limnos, Greece - 346.1 kms (215 miles) WSW
- Balikesir, Turkey - 179.8 kms (111.7 miles) SW
- Mytilini, Lesbos, Greece - 299.3 kms (186 miles) SW
- Mitilini, Greece - 298.9 kms (185.7 miles) SW
- Izmir, Turkey - 325.9 kms (202.5 miles) SSW